Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener-WSKTS is ranked in one of the best and most used electric sharpeners. There are many electric knife sharpeners available in the market, some of them are inefficient, some are expensive, and some of them are difficult to use.
When it comes to Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener-WSKTS, the situation is completely different. Price is affordable with many additional options available as compared to other electric knife sharpeners.
Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener Review:
Today, we are going to review Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener, we are going to discuss how to operate Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener, its performance, specifications, most frequently asked questions and then a conclusion. It’s important to keep in mind that Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener is capable to sharpen all kinds of kitchen knife as well as outdoor kitchen knife such as serrated knife and scissors etc.
Operating a Work Sharp knife and tool sharpener:
The Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener use two guides to sharpen knives and scissors. The first guide is the kitchen guide, used to sharpen all kinds of a kitchen knife.
Another guide is the outdoor kitchen knife guide, which is usually used to sharpen scissors. Each guide clearly marked with degrees, 40° kitchen knife guide, 50° outdoor kitchen knife guide which includes the serrated knife and scissor sharpening guide.
They also come with three belts. You get the P80, P220 and the 6000. Work Sharp knife and Tools Sharpener also include instructional DVD and the Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener user guide, which is very handy and easy to understand. The sharpener has a one year warranty.
This Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener perform very well with all kitchen knives, as well as the outdoor kitchen knife. The edge delivered is between 40-50 degrees, which is preferable for all home kitchen use.
Another nice feature of this sharpener is that it has low noise. The motors are quiet and lack the loud hissing noises as compared to older electric models.
- Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener comes with two guides
- Kitchen knife guide.
- Outdoor kitchen knife guide.
- Replaceable Abrasive Grit Belts.
- Grit belts come with three premium abrasive belts to meet all your sharpening needs:
- Abrasive belts neither burn nor damage blade steel during sharpening.
- Precision sharpening guides come up with fast, easy, and consistent results.
- Kitchen Knife guide sharpens blades to a 40° angle and outdoor kitchen Knife Guide sharpens to a 50° angle.
- A 1-year warranty is given, warranty only valid for North American 110v power source applications. Use of power converters not recommended.
- Dimensions are 9 x 5 x 5.5 inches
- The Weight of work sharp knife and tool sharpener is 1.9 pounds.
Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener vs Ken Onion Edition:
There are 3 major differences between the Ken Onion Edition Knife and Tool Sharpener and the Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener:
1. Angle Guides:
- Ken Onion Version is adjustable from 15°-30°
- Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener has 2 guides available which are adjustable from 40°-50°.
- Ken Onion Version uses premium ¾” x 12” Norton Norax belts
- (Original KTS has ½” x 12” abrasive belts)
- Ken Onion Version has a variable-speed heavy-duty motor
- (Original KTS can be run on Intermittent or Full power, non-variable)
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Question: Does this work with mower blades?
Answer: No. It come with thin belts, You have to wear out many belts to get just 1 mover blade sharp. This is a small knife sharpener, It wouldn’t sharpen anything bigger than a kitchen knife or scissors.
Question: Will this work fine with Japanese chef’s knives that have a 30° (15° per side) angle?
Answer: Most of my kitchen knives are either Shun or Al Mar Japanese knives. I have been sharpening my knives with fine-6000 belt, All knives having 35+ degrees will able to sharpen and even polish with 6000 grit.
Question: Is it good on sharpening gut hooks on hunting knives, how hard is this to sharpen?
Answer: I don’t think it would work very well for sharpening the gut hooks because of its design for a kitchen knife, It does a great job on the knife blades though.
Work sharp knife and tool sharpener-WSKTS come with additional options that help us to sharpen all kitchen knives as well as outdoor knife such as scissors. It’s comfortable to use and it has lightweight which in due course helps us to change its position. Its price is more than affordable as it comes with additional options such as three belts and two guides for kitchen and non-kitchen knife that give us the professional result.